Saturday, August 12, 2006

Popping in here for awhile before i resume back to 'work' mode. See told ya, that it wont be so stagnant! I dont sign off with 'Lis seeking solace' after every entry for nothing you know,this is truly a page when i really need to seek solace. In this case, i just needed a bit of break.

What have i been up to? Well besides scurrying around here and there to get things done and deadlines are around the corner, you can tell i barely have enough time for myself. Though there were random movie watching with Mr LMT. Click was awesome by the way! Initially i was passive about wanting to watch it even when Mr LMT suggested it but when Suzy told me that she teared upon watching it and my collegues were all raving about it how they cannot believe that an adam sandler's movie can evoke such emotion, i finally decided to watch it and judge myself! And damnn was it good! Needless to say i shed a tear or two (*in denial of course).

Besides that on national day i had escaped to JB y'all, yes yes i know what some people are going to say, where is my patriotism for my country? In fact almost all who called and complained when they cannot reached me that day said the exact same thing. Now despite Singapore can be such a stifling environment at times, no doubt i spent my life so far here, and obviously no matter where i go i feel very much at home in my country. Its just the fact that i was just slightly sore that i cannot go to the national day parade being it the final year being celebrated at Kallang stadium and all!I know how overwhelming it can feel if you are at the stadium yourself, the atmosphere just gets to you! And only then all your resentment towards the grunts and groans of the high standard of living here will be forgiven 'for just that moment'.

So when my parents suggested that they wanted to go to the new shopping mall in JB, i just could not turn away from that!!! De-stressing by shopping was what i needed! And what's more wonderful was the fact that my appointments with some people for work was cancelled! Therefore we get to leave earlier with my cousin family in tow,since he was driving us there.

We were heading to Tebrau City the one with the biggest Jusco in Malaysia, but not before we got de-tour for a couple of hours. Driving in JB can be such a tedious chore! Instead we went ahead and have our lunch cum dinner at Anjung Warisan, a restaurant on treetop, such a cool place! I felt malay-fied all over again,with the kampung atmosphere, angklung music in the background, sitting on the floor and eat, lounging around (in fact my dad actually lied down!) so relaxing!Just great! Away from the concrete jungle!

After that dinner my cousin didnt gave up easily and finally found the mall! And boy was it huge! I was already geared up la! The place has some of my favourite shops, and this is good so next time i can just refuse the crowd in orchard road and shop here! Left the place looking smugged and contented, how can you resist sales that were going for 50% 70%??? By the time we were making our way home,i was already worn out but my dad who is sucker for durians just cannot resist himself making a stopover at the durian fair nearby. Me im not much of a fan la, but it was an experience of course i find out all about the deal what is the difference of a normal durian and a D24. They have other fruits there as well, so yeps my house has an aroma of all tropical fruits you can think off! Temporarily this house its a fruit farm, we have durian, jackfruit, rambutans,mata kuchings, langsat, and much more! My family they like eating fruits a lot hence the varieties hehee

So it was love love outing that night! It made my day!

Alright i would love to spend more time here and end my entry nicely but heh looks like i got to rush for another appointment,what life huh

Till another time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home