Saturday, November 12, 2005

As quickly as people grow so close together, its as fast as growing apart after awhile..

I realised that when i paid a visit to my godpa and godma house the other day, unfortunately they were not at home but managed to catch up with their daughter..
What she told my family saddens me greatly, my godpa has gotten acute dimentia,and without realising he is already 73 still younger then my nenek but i always assume that he's been much stronger of a person that will never aged a day and with the energy he used to have it can rival to that of a 30 year old guy.

That's the thing about me, sometimes i took for granted for my loved ones, always assuming that they will always be there and never aged. Now when i knew this, i felt i have neglected this person who had been a big part of my childhood.

Someone who cared for me when my parents were busy with their careers, someone who spoilt me and who would never said 'no' to any of my requests, someone who had adored me as if im a princess, someone who was very protective of me and and treat me like a rare diamond, and most of all someone who loved me just like his own flesh and blood..

And today, to know he's facing this disease i refused to believe it.

Where have all the years gone too..?

Silly me, he hasnt grown apart from me, i grew apart from him.. I was busy with growing up, exploring life as a growing teenager then turning into a young adult. I didnt think of him, he was at the back of my mind collecting dust as days went by..
How selfish can i be..? I should have visited him and my godma more often..
But whats the point of regretting now right..?

I made an oath, that i shall visit him as often as i can, what they said is true "do what you can before they are really gone"..

+++++

Funny isnt it..? How these things happen..?
All throughout my life, ive met people, people who became friends, lovers, aquaintances, and some almost like a part of my family..
I grew attached to them, share my past, present and future with them, trust these people, loved them, cared for them..But strange after awhile some would fade away, there were the ones who fade away from my life significantly while others just went away un-noticed until you thought of them.

Sometimes i still think of these people and wonder where they are now, i do miss some of them.

Such is life..sigh..

Good morning to all, its 2:33am now.

A new day, and probably another day of meeting new faces as some old faces fade away before you can even say 'goodbye'..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home