Monday, March 20, 2006

THAILAND PART 2 - BANGKOK SHOPPING


The moment we reached Bangkok we barely had time to breathe (ok maybe i exaggerated that bit!) oh not that i mind anyways! If you believe that you are the Goddess of Shopping, A Pharaoh of Impulsive Spending, a slave for the word 'SALE', im sure Bangkok will be in your top 5 list of shopper's utopia!

Gosh I thought i had died and gone to heaven! It was madness! Bangkok was shopping all the way honey! And i aint complaining girlfriends! Some of you had probably heard enough of me blabbering how insanely my family and i was in a trance going on shopping spree, roll your eyes all you want but seriously theres something for everybody, even my dad who's usually very very very allergic to shopping is a convert now!

You see i was taking my shopping mission seriously i failed to take photos of the places i shopped at or do my bit of cam whoring! I was that busy! But nonetheless ill try my best to describe the places that had made me gone bonkers and upon YounGorgeous request ill splash just 'a few' of the stuff i purchase (you is no kepo darling!)

First Stop - Chatuchak Weekend Market

Ok if you claim that you are any one of the labels i mentioned in my first paragraph, then Chatuchak is just peanuts for you, im sure many who had visited this place cannot get enough of it! Please brave through the humongous crowd, the B.O's, the humid temperature, the huge area (trust me,i got lost on the way back), shops at every crook and corner just beckoning on you to step in and touch every single thing that catches your eyes, polish your bargaining skills, do not be afraid (faint-hearted shoppers this is not for you especially those who cannot stand the heat), everything can be found at this market and i mean EVERYTHING yes even pets!

Only then you can proudly self-proclaim any names that is usable in Shoppers Dictionary!


Suan Lum Night Bazaar

Every fashion lovers hub who kill for anything exclusive and different where you will see young aspiring designers sell their designs, although this might be my mama's favourite because they sell a lot of home decor stuff! I love it too actually, all the knick knacks

MBK Shopping Mall

Far East Plaza (x100 can?), so big that it has capture the heart of my sister. I had gone crazy over a shop that sold very nice looking bags! Like value shop you know! everything selling at 199baht! My dad was very confused why his wife and his daughter needs to buy so many bags, haizz men?! Sidetracking, I quote a line from 'Sepet' which Ida Nerina answers her husband confusion on understanding women " You dont have to understand us, your job is to love us..."something like that if anyone of you remembers?

So yeps, we bought countless bags for dearest mama and me to share! Bought more earrings! i was spoilt for choices eh! Bought a few shirts and t-shirts for me alone,i also bought fake 'Birks' at just S$7!! Crazy or what? Just because both of my foot had became sore (from the walking and shopping la right),

Sigh..i was so contented..oh did i mention the jeans that were sold over there got my eyes bawling?!! they got nice embroidered design jeans which i knew for sure Elfy will die for (sorry sweetheart i could have bought for you but i just wasnt confident about your size,or the fact the money you gave me wont allow other purchases that you had summon me to buy)..

Pat Pong Night Market


People said its very identical to Petaling Street in KL, and it actually was but well better stuff, dont play play ok, they use catalogues for their imitation products! And what fun to walk down the lane with many clubs alongside with pole dancers in skimpy bikinis..?! Sure a hit with the guys!

But alas i did not buy much here because the price was too steep, they mark up the prices 200%, no kidding and they were quite agressive! Mama and me spent in Watson's, surprisingly the cosmetics were darn cheap!!

Pratunam


Well, we shouldnt have bothered shopping at other places because guess what mama and me discovered a wholesalers shopping mall right under our noses, in front of our Baiyoke Sky hotel on our last day!


Ok so i lied, there's a photo of 'A' place, an impromptu actually whilst in coach! At Pratunam..

Everything was selling at wholesaler's price if you bought more than 3 items! Bought more accessories, i finally got the fake 'Tiffany's' heart-shaped pendant necklace for just 210baht (S$9)! My sister bought her own fake Birks for just 99baht (S$4) and earrings for her friends back home 12 pieces for 120baht (S$4+)!! Haizz mama shopped more stuff to finish up the thai baht before we flew back that day..

Obviously this has been an entry about Shopping if i were to talk more about the orgasmic experience shopping in Bangkok, it will be endless! Im sure those who had went before shared the same excitement, besides going sight-seeing in Bangkok all you have to do is just shop to keep yourself occupied!

Anyways here's a few sneaks of just 'Some' of my purchases, others not included was either in the washing machine (having worn already in Bangkok), on my shoe rack, or still lurking in my parents baggage still unpacked at the time when these photos were taken (as of a few days ago of course, now everything is tucked into its respective rightful places)




Finally got my gaucho pants in turqoise and green for just 380baht around S$12 for two, which elfy bought around S$40 for just One piece,woohoo!





To be continued -Bangkok sight-seeing..

*p/s: pardon if there's typo or grammatical errors, heh simple im just plain lazy to go through over again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home