Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It slipped my mind that tomorrow is valentines day.. I met up with Elfy just so I could borrow her digicam (fyi mine is not dead it is just not usable,those who are aware will know what im talking about hehe). So before we shopped for birthday presents, I was in dire need for food, we chose Swensons at Marina Square and that was when i realised the V-day tomorrow..

Believe it or not, 99% of the customers were couples! It was a sore eyesight to Elfy, who is still nursing her wounded heart.. I decided to make her night and told her the dinner is on me, my valentine dinner for her much to her surprise..

We had a nice server boy who was so eager to get our orders, refilled our ice water without asking and he even offered one of the best seats in the restaurant, tucked away from the crowd, it was cosy with candles and mini heart shape balloon on the table..and what are we missing? 2 man who should had filled the 2 empty seats beside us, even one of the server came to serve 4 ice water thinking that we are expecting 2 more person..Before we left the young boy just had to ask

"Well you pretty ladies not celebrating valentines?"

Big bewildered eyes

Elfy and me gave 2 different answers

I said "Well we are, she is my valentine date" with a smile

While Elfy said "There are suppose to be 2 guys but well tak sampai-sampai pulak"

Everywhere we go it was so apparent love is in the air,pretty blatant everywhere you turn you see heart shapes and scent of fresh flowers reaches your nostrils. Excuse me,if i may sound like a kid who did not get her candy but trust me, Im not so hard on about V-day because i dont even celebrate it when i was in relationships, so it makes no difference actually

Its hard for Elfy still, she is not fragile but i know when she laughs it doesnt reach her heart and her eyes dont light up.. I feel what she was going through, i know the kind of pain that consumes her being, everything is just not right.. When i was going through what i call 'the emotional turbulence' she had all the words a best friend would say to comfort her friend.. I will do the same for her too and I just cant wait for 2 more weeks, lets run free, shout our hearts out, laze around and yes i promise her she could cry cry cry and cry and i will follow suit and cry with her if it makes her feel better..

Hmmm..we all have our days, when we all will kiss so many toads hoping it will turn into a prince,hah! Fairy tales has ruin our logical sense of mind sometimes..

But You guys know what, its even harder when you wake up one day and trust your intuitive you are in love with him but knows that it will all be in vain.. Truth hurts when the other person do not feel the same way,you want to blame him but then it is not his fault isnt it..sighh

I am in fact trying to distinguish between falling in love and my infatuation for someone.. But I am so keen right now that this lingering feeling will just be another infatuation which will pass eventually..trying so darnest hard that its a mantra i keep myself positive each day and chant "it is just an infatuation" especially when the mind starts to wander..

Anyways Brandy says it all in her song,

Almost made you love me
Almost made you cry
Almost made you happy, baby
Didnt I didnt i

You almost had me thinkin
You were turned around
But everyone knows
Almost doesnt count

Almost heard you saying

You were finally free
What was always missing for you, baby
Youd found it in me
But you cant get to heaven
Half off the ground
Everbody knows
Almost doesnt count

I cant keep on lovin you
One foot outside the door
I hear a funny hesitation
Of a heart thats never really sure
Cant keep on tryin
If youre looking for more
Than all that I could give you
Than what you came here for

Gonna find me somebody
Not afraid to let go
Want a no doubt be there kind of man
You came real close
But every time you built me up
You only let me down
And everybody knows
Almost doesnt count

Maybe youll be sorry
Maybe youll be cold
Maybe youll come runnin back, baby
from the cruel cruel world
Almost convince me
Youre gonna stick around
But everybody knows
Almost doesnt count

So maybe Ill be here
Maybe Ill se ya round
Thats the way it goes
Almost doesnt count

++++++

To all who are bless with someone special in your life, maybe Valentines Day is just a novelty, we should cherish someone everyday without waiting for 14 February and also if you are a muslim its not a practise that you should adopt
but then again, if this day makes you feel closer to them and reminds you of how important they are in your life.. I would say "Go ahead spoil them if you have too for the sake of v-day" ..Thus its also right I wish you guys Happy Valentines Day as well :)

To those who feel unloved, nursing your broken hearts i say! May cupids hit you loads if not tomorrow then soon :), All the same i wish you a lovely day ahead and dont let all the chocolates, hearts and bouquets of flowers get to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home