Sunday, November 20, 2005

Over time, i got tired people asking if i have finally gotten my driving license (sadly not yet)..

But given yesterday mama has given me the ultimatum that i MUST get it early next year, if not i must die trying to get it.

Well actually she has been nagging at me for the past year about this issue and i had been putting on a deaf ear but this couple of months her nagging has become consistent ,almost everyday that i believe i have no other choice. Then again there are several factors that contribute to this 'mother of all ultimatums' that i refused to actually listen before this.

Fact Number 1 : I have to get my license before Raya next year (insyallah) because my family cannot accomodate 1 cab any longer. Since my adik has grown up and is consider an adult and during Raya my nenek will always be celebrating it with my family. So you see there is 5 of us, furthermore most of my dad's relatives lives at the east side and my dad refused to take other modes of transportation besides the cab, reason being it will be very troublesome for my nenek who is weak. Mama and dad grumbled alot this year for raya outing, hinting that if only i had gotten the license to drive like i promised.

Fact Number 2 : Those who is close to my family will be aware of my mama relationship with JB, mama complained each time she got home how tedious it had become, and it will be more convenient if i am to be able to drive.

Fact Number 3 : Almost all my relatives owns a car or means of their own transportation, mama too long to feel on par with them, it seems she had confide in me that when we all dressed up so nice and pretty we have to stand on the sideroad and hail a cab was unsightly, especially to see many malay families now owns a car whizzed pass by us, even a lot of cab drivers complained that business aint good anymore during raya. Honestly, i agree with my mama on this.

Fact Number 4 : Convenience to everything else.

Now my dad has given me a very very lucrative offer. He gave me 4 choices.
Toyota, Mazda, Nissan or Honda. All i need to do is get that damn license!!!

What's holding me back..?

I have been traumatised badly after being involved with a couple of road accidents.
Hey, its definitely not easy to forget to see a man fly across across the car and land in front of you. I was immobilised when i saw that and whats more freaky the boy escaped unharmed. The other time i was almost ran over by a cab, if the driver did not brake in time, i swear i would be headless by now (my fault though, i had fallen on the curb, as usual im a self-proclaim klutz). So yeps, having a close shave with losing someone's life and mine, is something that i have a hard time gathering enough courage to deal with my fear.

But i tell you, i have to deal with this fear before it eats me up. And before mama eats me up for sure. So hopefully, i live to tell the tale that i survive and got my freaking license. Why did everyone else was able to achieve it easily unlike me? i envy them..haizz..

What's making it more bad, gendeng my worst critic had to just add more fire to the flames, by asking me when will i get my license, all i could do was just grit my teeth and gave a controlled smile and said 'soon soon la',when i wish so much to dump his steering wheel over his head, for asking that sensitive issue especially when he starts nagging that i have to overcome my fear, damnn i get it at home and he had to give it to me too.

One thing for sure though, i promised gendeng after he drove out of Tampines mall i will never ever park my car there, the slope way out, is just freaking intimidating ok! its almost a right-angle slope (ok im exaggerating this part but almost ok, minus the curve!)!!!

Oh yah another reason why im prolonging my license is because i know what i will commit to after this. I will be a full-fledge chauffeur to my family. Since each of them have been day-dreaming the day i will finally get my license,on how they can make use of me.

So you can understand me now..? ;)
++++++++++++

I want to write about Harry Potter but this entry is already lengthy.
So i guess, the next entry la hehee..

But do watch it if you have not, be it you are a fan of HP 'book series', HP 'movie series' or both. The fourth franchise is directed by Mike Newell and he fared well.

So before my itchy fingers start typing away another lengthy 2nd parter of this entry, i bid goodbye and you guys have a great Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home