Thursday, September 28, 2006

To be honest i do not enjoy watching Singapore Idol, because it lacks substance.
I rather watch Malaysia's Talent shows or Indonesian's talent shows, not because i detest our local talents but i think the people reponsible for SI thinks that home viewers are a big joke and that they insult our intelligence of judging what a real gem is!

And the reason i update myself was (or only follow up with my mama since most of the spectacular shows i was working), i really hope Hady Mirza bagged the title. He and Maltilda are the only good thing that happened for the second season of SI.

And he did! And i was there to withness that! Dee was the kind soul who gave Su and me the tickets, thank god i could make it!

So there i went for the sake of 'soaking in' (in Gurmit's words) this idol craze
hoopla. I was so confident that Jon will win because i wasnt sure if they would allow another Malay idol. Although we all know that Vocally Hady is very strong compared to Jon, which even if Jon wins i wont be so sore about it. He does after all look 'marketable to make it big in the region', which i do not understand why that became a priority in ushering a Singapore Idol? What happened to quality?

But i was glad that Singaporeans realised that Hady was more deserving! My whole family supported him! My mama called me after the result and said she can now sleep peacefully at night, and that before his name was being announced her stomach became shrunk! I feel her too! I was waiting with bated breath for the final truth, and its like waiting for the referee to blow the final whistle in a soccer match! And when it did everyone went crazy! Including me,im not shy to say that i screamed i jumped and screamed again and hugged Su,it was just so exciting! Even my dad who is a staunch with giving generous comments is a Hady fan ya'll (its this musician thingy la who is very critical about everything),he said with conviction that Hady is even better then Taufik (love taufik love taufik!He look hotter!) and that his vocal has more weight (whatever that means,in his terms la) then any other contestant!

Phew!With that said, i hope Hady's career doesnt stops here and limited to only doin 7-Eleven or Beras Harmoni adverts eh..He really made my toe curls whenever he croons la, the song he sang by Chaka Khan is the one that gave me wings,ooohboy!

Anyways not much,but some random pics of me and Su on that night :)

Thank you Su for being there together with me, it was insane eh!







Su who seriously enjoyed taking snaps of me with my hair down, she confesses that she's smitten with me and that i should let my hair down more often..hhehee malu la babe,and you were lucky that night because it was truly an occassion to let my hair down in honor of Hady Mirza!

*Life is good when im at home,got off days for what's left of the week from work, can next week wait a bit longer?*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home