Friday, March 07, 2008

In the period that I have been working with the company I am in, I had never been seated in the audience gallery for our live shows. Well, most of the time we are the ones who produced the specials or major live tv shows.

But tomorrow, this will be a change. Since Pesta Pesta Pesta is produced by Najib's company Dua M, our company has been invited to watch the show. A different perspective I must say, and I guess once in awhile it is nice to be seated and watch other people run the show.

The thing is, the theme is Sports Glam. I have been cracking my already numbing brain to define the theme the best I can. I didn't think I would be going to watch until the mdm at work insisted we must go. Thus, the past few days had been me assisting a friend who is being nominated in one of the categories to shop for her clothes.

As we were going through the stores after work today to get the complete look for her outfit, I was also looking out for mine. So far nothing has looked appealing or much less scream out to me 'I am the one!!'.

This sucks, although I would usually dress up formally during our shows I never tried hard enough to look glamorous. Didn't think it was necessary since I will be either running around back stage or at the panel upstairs. Thus, wearing the most glittering dress will be such a waste. So you see why this is pretty much a dilemma? Not only for me actually, the rest of us are still pondering over what would be apt to wear at the very last minute especially when we barely have ample time to go out and prepare.

I came back earlier and stared at my wardrobe collection, which is sombre looking by the way. Sadness. Frustration. It's crazy. I did not purchase anything at all except for a sweat shirt that was eye catching. It was a men's sweatshirt. Yes I have a knack for liking men's sweatshirts. I just had to get it, it does not look too glam for tomorrow but I thought this is nice to wrap myself in when I am in the office. The temperature can equate to being in the North Pole (Pun intended).

Since it is a men's sweat shirt (I prefer to believe it's unisex), I had bought the smallest size of course. Not too big but comfy enough. This may sound strange but wearing it kinda make me feel sexy. Like you know wearing your boyfriend's sweat shirt. I recalled when I used to loan my ex's sweat shirt when he was outstation or travelling, his sweat shirt was my constant companion everywhere I go, while I was taking notes in class and also at night when I went to sleep. His scent lingers, the familiarity of his favourite perfume was what I sought in replace of his physicality. Sigh.. Sorry I am digressing.

Worse come to worse I might just be wearing that. The glam factor would be only the gold studs font. Otherwise, I think I should stop here and do some mini research on this and see how i can get away with it tomorrow night. No matter what, a mini shopping of sorts should be due tomorrow. Egad!!!

I am actually looking forward to this weekend not tomorrow. My precious sleeping time awaiting and I cant wait to meet a few people to spend with :)

+++++++++

Do you know how delighted I was when this song won the Oscar! So Close was the other favourite but I like the melody to this one. The strings of the acoustic guitar is simply beautiful.


'Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home