Sunday, March 09, 2008

We had an unexpected Love Bleeds (the title of our indie short film produced together) reunion the other time at Amara, Blue Mist Bar.

It was my first meeting with the guys for this year after they came back from Brazil. Kiko and Shashi was also there. As usual I was the last one to arrive, heh. What a joy to see familiar faces who make you smile without even speaking a word! They greeted me boisterously, haha very homely indeed. Just like the old times. Amara used to be our usual hang out before we were driven by career.

Did lots of catching up with Rajan and Durai sharing stories about their trip. The ultimate endearing news was Durai now is in a relationship to a Brazilian lady, hence the reason for the trip in the first place WHICH they failed to let me know in the first place. I could not stop gushing how happy I was for him! Eventhough I am the baby of the group being the youngest. At times, I am the mother to these boys. Durai even said, he wish his mother was more excited as I was.

Besides that, the boys as usual had taken advantage how naive I can be when they brilliantly cooked up a story that Shashi got married last december and had converted into a Muslim (it all started from this because I got annoyed I wasn't invited ,their alibi was Rajan failed to inform since they were away), changed his name to Ahmed and he got a car for his wedding gift from his wealthy daddy in law who was a money changer. Shashi surprisingly was good at playing along as well! See how easy for me to trust people?! I was so pissed when they revealed that it was a joke but of course they were laughing up their asses. The joke actually survived the entire time before we were heading back. I have to admit, there were geniuses.

Ended the night with Shashi driving us in circles at CBD area supposedly looking for that petrol kiosk Durai insisted existed only in his deluded mind. By then, the 3 of us were adamant not to send him back to Spottiswoode, a stone's away from CBD area and to drive all the way back to woodlands where we live. It couldn't be that he was drunk after 2 mugs. Must be the jitters he was feeling since his girlfriend is arriving in Singapore the next day.

Speaking of which, I can't help overhearing Shashi's conversation with his REAL other half while he was driving me and Rajan back home. The teacher told his partner who is also a teacher in a different school;

'Let's do breakfast tomorrow, i'll pick you up'

This simple statement shook me real hard. Not in a horny way you fools, heh.

I think it says as much, when you love someone you go as far as the other end of the world just to see her or in this case being madly in love and to meet someone so early in the morning will get you by for the rest of the day. It's mere gesture any tom dick or harry could think of but I guess the sincerity in his voice was what made me go soft in the heart.

Most of the time I maybe in denial or icky when men I have sort of dated tried to be mushy. I will immediately scoffed back at him to stop being corny. It's a contradicting personality for someone who loves anything romantic. But truly, I guess I am still looking for someone who is being mushy because he is really crazy about me not because he thinks it had been done before and worked like a charm to other 15 girls he had dated to impress.

But you tell me if i am asking too much how come I am so moved by the simple words conveyed by a friend to his girlfriend as such?

It's not all about big fireworks, flowers, luxury dinners and 10 carat diamonds and all that shenanigans to impress me.

'Let's do breakfast tomorrow, i'll pick you up'

It's things like this will suffice and proves how much you value a person. If you analyze the line deeper. It was not a question but more an act of love in the statement.

Haha ok I am not trying to speak cynically like Meredith Grey or neither am I trying to be Carrie Bradshaw.

Man has to realise the wrong perceptions that they have towards their ladies. Perhaps the next time you complain to your buddy how irritating your girlfriend was when she makes a big deal that you didn't get her anything for Valentine's day and your principle is Everyday is a Valentine's day (i so think this line is over rated as well), think again there could be 2 conclusions. One your girlfriend is a whiny bimbo or two you haven't been an attentive partner all the while thus clinging on to the concept of Valentine's day to expect you to be appreciative of her. We do not need gifts,although we don't complain and are more then happy to receive but a simple act of sweetness to remind her how important she is in your life will make 14th Feb like any other day in the calendar.

And I don't know how the supposedly meeting with my friends could turn into an overdue Valentine's day entry. Seriously, don't ask me why. Heh I just feel like ranting away.


On the other hand, I have more to look forward starting by the end of this month. The best friend's birthday is in April, oh goody! Baidah and myself are so excited just by planning it. If only we could decide what to get her?

And then a surprise of my own awaits me, I know it's in April but as to which date I am not certain. Suspense building up rapidly. Adjustments has to be made. For it's arrival will change my life forever!

What is it?

It shall be my little secret for now ;) With the exception of the few close ones who knows.

Shhhh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home