Saturday, January 22, 2005



What can u see in that baby's eyes..? Confusion maybe.. he's too young to understand what is happening around him. Little did he know that he is an orphan.

I'm still recovering from watching a documentary programme 'Majalah 3' at Malaysia's channel TV3. In today's episode it was about the orphans of the Tsunami disaster in Aceh. One word to describe the orphans 'sympathy'.

Here I am in my room typing away usin my precious mac, looking around my room with 2 fans directed at me and a bed which i often complain the back pains that it cause me, i felt so shameful knowing that the orphans are in the refugees camp sharing pillows and mattress without so much of a blanket to comfort them from the night chill.

I felt so remorse as the screen keep flashing young children after another about their plight and how they are moving on with their life.. It's so heart-breaking.. Im sure this event will be imprinted in their minds for the rest of their lives..But the volunteers there has done so much to the kids to keep them busy and entertain to keep their minds off their losses..You'll see the kids smiling,rushing to talk to the camera,singing religious islamic songs..they look happy despite their current state to be wit their new-found frens wit the same fate..



Tsunami disaster happen 29 days ago,now dat i mention d figure it felt like yesterday this historical event hit d world.. The first 2 wks i was devastated abt the tsunami but then gradually i carry on wit my life here getting busy..at the same time having the time of my life laughing away with my frens,my family and my lov..Tsunami was den fading away (tho my mama constantly remind me abt it) not dat i want to be ignorant abt what happen but its so depressing to imagine hw ppl are living thr and me still living in comfort all d most i can do was donate to charity which honestly dun really giv me d satisfaction that ive done my part for them..i want to be there to feel d pain and share with them,call me crazy but i really want to share those children burden..i really do..So when i watch d docu just now i realise thrs still a pang of sadness and sympathy i hav for dem is not all gone and now after i saw hw they r coping with d aftermath its even harder..Tears flowing from my eyes are not meant for show,i was trying hard to hold back my tears because what right do i have to let my tears flow when i dun really know how much pain they must be suffering at such a tender age..?i guess mine was tears of repentance,as to whether i will fully repent and that what happen shud be a life lesson for me,that is between me and Allah..i must be stronger in my faith and be thankful for everyday..



My heart goes out to all the orphans frm the tsunami disaster,i'll pray for ur well-being..insyallah..

**If only adoption ban was lifted my family have decided that we will adopt the orphans there to give him/her a new life..im hoping that we can..

Gd night and dun forget to say ur prayers :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home