Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I was beaming with pleasure when i got home last Sunday night late,mama got me 2 ramli burgers like i requested (she reacted with horror when i asked her to buy 2 not 1)since i cant join the family for dinner. I cant help it that i had not had anything at all the entire day and the sponsored food was too bland for my taste. And let me tell you i absolutely 'love love' Ramli Burgers! Its the best thing kan, dont you think so?? Loaded with beef/chicken patties, top with cheese,mayonaise, bbq sauce, covered in omelette, with additional cabbage and chilli sauce in between sesame buns! It's so sinfully delicious, for only $2.50!! Ramli Burger or Mcdonald's? I pick Ramli burger anytime! This what happens when you have a pasar malam next to causeway point! The tantalising aroma just gets to you!


By the way, in the end i just ate 1 because the mama and sister had the other one for breakfast.

The best thing that i saw when i entered my room was how very neat it had became! I have a habit you see, once i start working, i barely had time to prep up my room. I came back to do paperwork, sleep, change then off to work again. Im pretty sure mama who cant stand the sight of papers strewn around my room did me a favour and cleaned the room up. So imagine how delighted i was to see everything was tucked nicely and yes even my vain corner has been arranged accordingly.





But oh well,heh, once i got back home i didnt waste any time tarnishing the clean state of my desk by dumping all my stuff on it which always gets on my mama's nerves.



Anyways production is already over,phew! The most taxing process of filming. Last Sunday was the final shoot. It was quite emotional for me because these were the people that i spent my day and night with for the past few long weeks. Yes, during those peak periods I never had the time to go out and date my friends (whom i miss so so much!) much less a proper conversation. So its natural for me to have created a special bond with a few of my trusted collegues,most of them had been a great help and guide me along on my first major role as a Producer.

Heh yes, i find it hard myself that i was given that position. Trust me, i still choke on myself each time i introduce myself to the clients or potential sponsors. All this while, my experiences was valid as a production assistant although being a Producer is not at all foreign to me because i have hold on to that position for my independent projects. So to do this professionally for tv is a whole different spectrum.

I cannot deny it was a lot of hard work, i stumble on myself on different occasions, which can get me on my wits end pulling my hair to find a resolution especially for last minute deals that did not work out. There were times i told myself that I must be crazy to actually decided this is what i want to do to earn my living. But of course despite all the glitches and dark circles under my eyes which im not so proud of,there were liberating moments when i had successfully managed to handle situations myself. Honestly, i never thought i had it in me. Im still very virgin in this line, and to be able to accomplished something that even surprises your own boss feels so good! All it takes was a little nudge, and it all came tumbling out! Now I am a bit more confident of myself and very thick-skinned i tell you (oh the things we have to do!). One other thing i still find it hard to manage was having your own assistants to instruct, i just feel so wrong having to command others because it was never in my nature to be bossy. It can get too much sometimes :)

Im really grateful to the very person that i least expected to recommend me this post. I have gained a lot out of this and had plenty of fun while doing it. But before all of you assume that it's all fun,if you minus all the shoulder-rubbing with the cool people and celebrities, special excesses to certain things,freebies and discounts its basically just a lot of hard work that can be shitty at times. No joke :)

Well i hope you will excuse this entry and diminish any judgement that you might conclude im bragging. It just feels so surreal that im actually living my dream..
This is what ive always wanted to do after ive discovered my deep admiration for filmaking. I'm only 22 but I never thought things will work out this soon. Indefinitely, im stll very much at the bottom of where i want to be but everyone has got to start somewhere right? And im very much content where i am right now :)

**************

While most of the time,im on the ball and upbeat..
It can be very vexing and emotionally draining at times,especially if it's not a good day at work. At the end of the day, the one thing that could have made me feel complete is if only I have someone to talk with and vent out all my frustations.
Someone to listen to me whine and comfort me with soothing words. Or someone who would come all the way just to see me just because he misses me and offered me his warms hugs and rain kisses onto me followed by senseless sweet nothings.

You know what.

I miss ending a conversation with "love you's, miss you's" and all the mushy
whathaveyous. Most of all, I miss belonging to someone..

At the rate im burning my energy for work, it left me little to wonder, if this is the path i decide to choose for my life will I be able to find someone who will understand what i do for a living? And if i do, will he eventually accepts that I maybe gone when he wakes up in the morning and only comes back when he has gone to bed? And still love me enough to accept all my other quirkiness..?

Only time will tell ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home