Thursday, December 21, 2006

A good friend who i regard as a mentor told me last week that i must at least go out with my friends once a week to avoid being sucked in by my work.. I guess she knows that im going to cross over to the dark side..sigh..

Im handling more then a couple of things now, alhamdullilah with the rezeki coming in..Furthermore Im allowing myself to be swarmed with so many projects so i will not have time to ponder how lately ive been an emotional wreck..

But tonight, was like a wake up call..I am really bad at time management especially keeping my appointments with my good friends..Like today i was supposed to go over to a very dear childhood friend's place before he flys off this morning to perform his haj. It's already unkind of me that i was not able to go to his kenduri last Sunday, and just now i was on the verge of tearing myself silly in the train when Zul sms me to say his apologies and whatnots before he leaves. God! i was feeling helpless at that point because the time was too late to meet him and i will not be able to send him off at the airport. It would have been more pleasant if we get to do this face to face instead of relying on technology..

And Isly came to meet us bearing with bad news,what she said left my throat dry n my tougue twisted. I am still trying to digest everything that a childhood friend of ours had passed away due to an accident. I was laughing it off and claimed it was just impossible, but after awhile the news began to sink in. I recalled the time when i bumped into her a couple of months back, she gave her new number again and insisted that we all must meet soon and hang out, i assured her that i will give her a beep but who could have thought that it was the last time i met her. Images of her flashed through my mind, she was simply a bubbly girl and to picture her lifeless was just unthinkable..Isly had it worst since she did spend a whole night with her recently..

Life is short indeed, and i am not going to hide that it is one of my fears.. There is so much to do and say to people that i care about. Hot tears are burning my skin, this is just so depressing..

Ya allah give me strength to go through tough times and please bless Nadia's soul..

Nadia for the person that you are,who never fails to say hi even to someone you never met for a long time.. you will be missed..


*********

The irony of it all is, Nadia used to have a crush on Zul back in school.. What a coincidence that one left and will never come back and the other one leaves to perform his haj...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merry Christmas
    Have and awesome day! xoxo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home