Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Sister had finally flew off Tuesday morning. And so now it feels like im the only daughter at home. Just when the little pest is not at home, i really miss bugging her day in and day out.

It's her first trip overseas alone and all the family members had been paranoid what she needs to pack, how many to bring, how thick should her socks be, yadaa yadaa.. So paranoid, I actually discussed with her what or how she has to wear for the next 7days she will be away. The things we do for someone we care or rather spoilt them. I didnt know what got into me and my mama, when we didnt have second thoughts to get her a costly winter coat from Mango, we were still surveying around for the best buy (without the sister no less) but the salesperson were so darn good that i couldn't resist purchasing it in a heartbeat after I tried it on myself, thinking I could share this with her and bring it along for my trip next year.



My sister not looking so bad, i think and no photos of me because i thought i look horrible.

A few sms-es exchanged with her

Sister: Kak, adik already in beijing. Pls tell mama it's so cold here! Tak macam aircon! And maybe bsok ada snow!

Ok I cant believe she compared the cold weather there with the aircon which made our family laughed senselessly!

Me: Is it? So adik pakai how many layers of baju?

Testing to know if she heed my advice to wear her clothes in layers.

Adik: 6

When she replied with the number 6, i feel like spanking her. Such a waste to send an sms with a single digit! And Im paying both her's and my phonebill. Sigh..

And yesterday the adik sent another few smses

Sister: Kak, im going shoppin frm 3pm - 6.30pm tell mama

Ignoring that sms she sents another one after a couple of hours

Sister: Kak adik dah buy for u baju. Tell mama to col me at 8.30pm ltr

I find that endearing that she got me something, so far before she left I didnt pester her to get me anything at all. I just want her to have a good time exploring the country and visiting such historic places that I would die to go too!

Anyways speaking of clothes, the irony of having to wear the same colour with a few friends from work. Hah we look like a football team. I think the colors worn reflects the attitude for the day as well.

Like i wore yellow because I was feeling sunny and chirpy.

Red for an agressive day, with the apt tagline on it 'Go for Gold' heh.

Still speaking of clothes, I spent my day last Sunday with Baidah. Dropped by her place, helped her cooked before we packed and went over to my place since my darling nephew was here. So my dear friend was complaining she had bought 5 new flats in a few days, showed me a dress she wore asking my consent if it looks good and so on. Judging from her expression i thought she looks very guilty and thus sought my comfort hoping I will say its all worth it.

Honestly, looking upon her items and how good she is dressing up lately makes me feel inadequate. I haven't been caring to look good lately. My daily routine would be, just grab and wear whatever I see in my wardrobe. Some days when I feel a bit dainty I put on a bit of blusher on my cheeks, otherwise its just powder up, mascara and lipgloss. By the end of the day without touching up I look half dead already. Shopping took a backseat as well, whenever I have the luxury to shop I ended up not buying anything after having second thoughts not because I'm broke but the urge vanished as quickly as it came.

I should give myself a treat one of these days and get myself something new. I could use a couple of new shoes that's for sure, hahaa. So maybe babe wanna set a date with me anytime soon?

Although I am very puzzled that both you and Farah said the same thing ironically, that I can still pull off the slack look even when I just wear anything shabby. Either you guys are too kind or simply blind! Oh my god, it rhymes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home