Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Last night, Baidah and me had our usual late nights phone conversation that lasted till almost 4am..Its been awhile and it felt so good!

It never cease to surprise me that after so long knowing each other, the three of us (Baidah,Elfy and Me) still got so much to talk and tell each other!

Yesterday was no exception, i got to know a shocking revelation,well about myself,
from baidah as we were reminiscing about secondary school days (how it eventually got to this topic i have no idea,haha). Well, actually its the obvious heh, we were talking about relationships and stuffs, and how our taste has change (towards men). Then we were reminded of our 'heydays' when we had our own crushes!

So allow me to indulge myself on my past

Firstly, let me make a confession, i was never attached until i turned 17 or 18 i think,hmm a late bloomer i suppose.. I always assume that i wasnt so much of an attractive girl. I used to be unappreciative of my looks and cursed how i look like a northern indian. I got nothing against indians mind you, in fact one of my close friends is an indian fella, its just that it can be hard when these malay guys prefered those pretty malay girls, and i was consumed with envy. Silly as it is, i always day dream that every valentines day during sec school days, somehow a bouquet of flowers would greet me on my desk as i step into the class hoping i had a secret admirer..hehee yes i was that hopeless!

But then again i wasnt so hard on to get a boyfriend back then, i already enjoyed my student life to the fullest! I wasnt that 'popular' but at the same time i wasnt 'unpopular' either, it was a balance,i got wonderful friends, was in the malay dance club for awhile, a peer mediator (hah yeah a mediator!how geeky is that!), managed to be a monitress in my class, played netball (it has always been the 'in' sports to play for girls) and many more things.

Among the 3 of us, Elfy was the butterfly with countless of admirers trying to woo her (but failed miserably heh), Baidah the loud one, who knows everyone in school, had a tomboy-ish streak in her (though i know her feminine side was dying to burst out!), and very approachable by anyone, and as for me i 'assume' i was the girl who goes with the flow, the neutral one, the talkative and the giggler!

So i asked Baidah yesterday, sad aint it that back then i dont understand why it was difficult for me to have a 'steady boyfriend'.

What she actually told me later on, i wasnt prepared for it! I was 'die-die' in denial with her explaination! This was what she said:

Baidah: Eh please eh, lis do you know that you were the bookish type..?!

Me: Eh no way i wasnt ok! are you saying im nerdy??

Baidah: no laa! You were always with a novel where ever you went! Its like you were the studious one among the 3 of us ok! in fact u were also like a teacher's pet!

Me: NOOO! where got! baidah pls eh, are you kidding me,so is that why i wasnt attracting guys?

Baidah: hahahaa, eh but you do what, if you remember eh *names mention* they got a crush on you what!

Me: Eee! but there were so not my type ahh!

Baidah: yah la,so if you notice they were the smart ones hahah

Me: Oh darn, quite true! so i attract nerds la..?!dammnit!

Baidah: hahaha and yah the crushes you had also, the popular guys, so unbelieveable la you,hehe

So there you go! i still cannot accept it till now! im the bookish type?!! that was so not a nice term for people to remember you by right..? So i love reading, and enjoyed history and english lessons and i believe building a good rapport with your teachers was healthy! And among the people who got crushes on me such as, an intelligent guy who adores hitler, a head prefect, and a really tall tall boy some of the weird ones! And all the while, i was having crushes on a couple of school rogues and a handsome teacher as well (heh yes a huge one on that)!

Haizz, thanks eh baidah for enlightening me (*with sarcasm of course), you sure had a
jolly good time semalam laughing your head off!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyways, some overdue photos to share from 2 weeks back, when 'a' tuesday was a lovely day to go on a picnic and basking in sunshine with wonderful friends to enjoyed it with


They were the beautiful souls who shared such a wonderful day with




Jumping with joy, as the rays of sunshine embrace her.. sweet




Melancholy..


Swooosshhh! Unedited


Together and glowing..


Sweet nothings..




Us against the world..

++++++++++++++++++

And met cock eyed Su last week, happy belated teacher's day woman!
Thank you for accompanying me last week! totally left my tummy aching after laughing hilariously as we pronounced all our friends names and us backwards and in fact came up with a story for a play about it! haha and i can only get this zestiness from you!





Ok im done,

Woodles toodles! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home