Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Falling sick when you are fasting makes you feel like a totally rotten apple..
Makes me wonder how i make it through the day feeling awful (x10,000) without breaking my fast?

My head weighs like a tan, my throat feels scratchy and on top of that i am feeling so nauseous.. I could barely open my eyes throughout the day, and instead of thinking what's cooking for the break fast later on i was in dire need of the cough syrup running down my throat and counting the hours when i could swallow the much needed 'panadol extra' and for someone who is afraid of medicine, that's like a milestone, i am that desperate.

Thank god, my grandma came to the rescue to ease the bugeoning pain. I plonked myself on her lap and begged her to massage my head. That felt so nice you know, as she worked her magic fingers on my throbbing forehead, pulling my hair, massaging my back and neck too, it carried on for quite awhile and she didnt complain at all..! And when it was time to break fast, as much as the spread of food that lay on the table can make anyone salivate,i wasnt hungry at all..My appetite was running low and all i did was nibble on some bread..Frankly speaking i am still hungry, but i could barely taste anything that goes down my throat..

I need to get well before i get back to work by thursday..sigh..the thought of travelling all the way to caldecott hill is no joke okay. Its very tedious. Mama has already prep me to bring all the necessities, like umbrella la, panadol la, sweater la, and whathaveyous..She thinks my beautiful bag macam doraemon pocket agaknye, the way she fusses over me makes me think that i am still her adorable 5 year old girl heh.

And furthermore, i foresee myself to be exhausted by the time its raya, with my schedule tight with filming during fasting month im not so sure if i have the time to even bake the festive cookies like i usually feel so geared up during ramadhan. I told mama to resort to just simply order this year but of course being me a sucker for traditionalist routine i could still picture myself helping nenek with her signature pineapple tarts and makmurs..

For now i could only hum to Emily's mantra from The Devil Wears Prada 'i love my job i love my job i love my job' it works i tell ya..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home