Friday, April 28, 2006

Last week this complimentary tickets came in my mailbox. I had won 2 passes to watch Take The Lead from a contest in Berita Harian.






I was eager to watch the movie last tuesday that i rushed off my work and went straight to meet my date, which was none other than Elfy! The woman suggested we catch the movie at The new Cathay Cineplex, which we later bumped into Fai and had a lovely short time to chat and tease each other, similarly he was there for a free movie also..

But what do i think of the new cineplex..? of course there was so much to rave about! Firstly it was spacious, and the interior was definitely ultrachic and modern (oh yeah they even had a phallus-shaped sofa lined up for you to chill while waiting for your show to start, cool huh?heh), but what amazes me was the snack counter! Now not only it was a very long counter, and sell your regular snacks but they had food for you to dig in too! Like pasta, pizza, sandwiches, desserts like cakes and ice-cream! Elfy and myself never tried first hand if the food taste good but we bought our popcorns which Fai had warned us earlier that it was sinfully unsually delicious! No kidding! It taste extra sweet with a tinge of caramel, and me who wasnt actually a big fan of popcorns was chomp chomping away! And my new favourite uber delicious snack that i discovered there was the Cinnamon Stick people!! You guys got to really try that! Its not only super long in size eh, but it was crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside provided of course if you like cinnamon, taste sweet! I really had to order it when i saw the sticks turning like a carousel inside the heater, i think its the heater for the cinnamon sticks yeah that's what it is, though im not sure what the correct term is..

Anyways about the movie, well if you like grooving to hiphop beats, watch cool and slick dance moves or in fact just drool over Antonio Banderas, then you will definitely love the movie (though i find it draggy after one and half hours).. Plus since it was based on a true story, it was inspiring to watch, really, it sure got Elfy and me being more adamant now that we should not procastinate any longer and sign up for Ballroom Dancing like we always wanted! I want i want! i want to salsa, rhumba, foxtrot, waltz away my ass man!! It looks so damn nice in the movie la!
Oh yeah if you are going to watch it with your boyfriend, they might learn a thing or two about respect! I mean when was the last time a man stands in your presence or opens the door for you..?! Well Pierre Dulaine (Antonio Banderas)does ladies! And you know what? I think it was all sexy, inspiring, educational as well as romantic, it really got to the couples watching it! They left the theatre all smitten,hugging and smooching publicly, it was a sight i tell ya that we giggled when we were in the lift because we were literally surrounded by these couples! Which made us the odd couple out, (and i think the couples that was seated beside elfy's side and my side was giving us the odd look because we were actually snuggling and cuddling with each other,but woi the air-con was freezing so bad that we only had each other to warm up la!)

So there, that was my highlight of the week, my tuesday my only fun day for the week, since i was working on other days, and its not fun walking around all day for work okay!

Ballroom dancing anyone..? I need a partner!

p/s: the soundtrack for the movie rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home