Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I was already rushing as i board a cab on the way to a collegue house for raya visiting with the rest. The cab driver obviously notice how preoccupied i looked as i was rummaging through my handbag to look for my mobile, at the same time to ensure i brought my wallet.

He asked " So Tampines is it madam? Which way do you want to go?"

I was so irritated because every cab driver should know but i answered politely (still looking inside the bag mind you!)

" Go by SLE then TPE, thank you"

The he said "oh ok of course can can, go SLE then TPE exit by KFC right?"

I answered "oh ok yah right correct"

Obviously this 'selenge' is really downright 'selenge'! As much as i heard what he said i did not pay much attention which caused him to erupt into a series of laughter which then made me looked up with a puzzle expression on my face

"ermm what is so funny uncle?"

"Haha,it's you la madam.. I said exit by KFC and you can still answer me correct!"

Haha ok so ive been duped by this wise cab driver, i can only joined him in his laughter over my plain silly-ness! It was such a delightment to be entertained after feeling so tired the whole day from work to home and going out again.

I do admit, when i have so many things on my mind i will start to wander barely paying attention to what's going on around me thus causing me to be such a klutz! But thanks to this humble cab driver, it was a pleasant ride to tampines while we engaged in a good conversation, little did i know when i almost reached my destination he said that he is actually handicapped, and then he knocked on his leg, i was stunned to know that it was an artificial leg! He told me he was the only handicapped driver in Singapore and he has appeared in papers before over an accident in a industrial machinery accident that causes him to lost his leg. The man amazes me, who went through a life-changing experience and his will of determination is something everyone should be envy about.

Its funny how sometimes, you can have the most interesting conversation with a stranger and at the end of it, you cant help but smile over how wonderful it had been. Somehow you stumble upon a stranger and realised he had just enriched your well-being by educating you life lessons leaving you with a positive note. I always enjoyed those rare moments when i got them.

So did you have an interesting conversation with a stranger lately..?

Good day all :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home