Monday, December 17, 2007

I just have to say this here, like now! Desperate! The urgency!
My god it still feels so surreal that Hady Mirza had clinched the title of being the first Asian Idol!!

No one predicted him to win. He was being bashed by Paul Moss for struggling with his vocals, in fact Paul sounded a bit too personal with all his comments. But even so, Hady stood his way through it all looking unruffled and smile respectfully at the bad things which was hurled at him.
For being a good sport and without showing any disappointment on his face, I am shameless to say I was proud of him.

Its pretty obvious that for a certainty, many people did not have much faith and hope for him to be the Asian Idol. But still we want him to win the Asian Idol! This must be due to the patriotism that we have for our nation for some selfish reasons. Heh. We know the tough competitions he was up against. I for one assumed that Mike would win because well, he was competing in his homeland surely the mass population there would back him up, then my feelings was tied between Mau and Jac because there is no doubt those 2 have the best vocals amongst the 6 and finally my bet of an unexpected winner would be Vy since she was the hottest and look very commercial for an Asian Idol though I dont have the slightest idea what she was mouthin to when she was singing 'I love Rock&Roll'..

And if i can sound corny and mushy about this, deep deep inside my heart I really really want Hady to win! I have people around me commenting how bad Hady performed. I beg to differ because I think his performance was the only other contestant who sang his way through with ease. He didn't showed or rather people qoute he do not have a prowess vocals just like the rest who was singing at the top of their lungs. Hady he just sang, you know. His sincere performance of the song 'Berserah', I can bet every penny must have captivated most of the ladies in Indon and his rendition of Bono's song 'Beautiful Day' wasn't so bad at all. He's not a rock star you all and therefore he made the song his own. I believe he was enjoying himself on stage, winning was the least concern he had. Even the judge from India commented he was a cool guy.

Sigh, my heart almost stopped when his name was being announced but recovered in less then a jiffy to scream along with the whole family!! Even the dad joined in too! And yes I was surprise he voted for Hady! God the feeling was even better when Man United won it's match against Liverpool, the other death match everyone was talking about yesterday.

He is the talk of the town today, congratulations :) I am just happy that...ehem, let me say this corny and mushy thingy again, hehe..

He actually made Singapore proud. Hady Mirza the First Asian Idol, now that's got to be something aye..?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home